Mexican food: Guacamole sauce
During our time in Mexico, we had the chance to learn some Mexican recipes. We have to say that we love the Mexican cuisine very much!
In this post, we want to share the recipe of the delicious and easy Guacamole sauce that goes with anything really.
We often have Guacamole with Nachos (Mexican chips like Doritos) or with tortillas (Mexican flat cornbread).
First of all, we want to say that we tasted a lot of Guacamoles in Mexico. They all were very similar but the texture can be different. Some like them more liquid than other who love it more solid. So the amount of ingredients is actually up to you! Next, to this, you could make it spicy if you like.
For us the perfect Guacamole sauce you can make at home (for 2 persons) is with:
- 1 avocado
- 1 small onion (half or quarter if it is big)
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- Some cilantro (coriander)
- A little bit of salt and pepper (if you like)
If you like your sauces spicy, then add some Jalapeño peppers or Serrano chiles.
The trick for the perfect Guacamole is to use very ripe avocados (needs to be very creamy), the ingredients need to be finely chopped (especially the coriander). Besides this, you can consider removing the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes.
Here is what you need to do:
- Cut the avocado and scoop the flesh with a spoon.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Be careful not to overdo it. It needs to be chunky.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, be careful with the peppers if you are adding them. Add just a little and taste before throwing in too much and making it too hot.
- If you cannot finish it in one time, keep the avocado seed in the mix, according to our Mexican friend, this will prevent the avocado from turning brown.
Enjoy your meal!