Mexican food: Aztec Soup
A good friend of ours taught us an interesting and probably ancient soup. The soup is made from ordinary ingredients, but the way it is prepared gives it a great unique taste.
This is not your ordinary, fast meal soup. It takes some time, but once you’re done, you’ll be happy you prepared it because it truly is delicious!
First of all, here are all the ingredients you need, for a serving for 2 – 4 people:
- 3 Onions
- 3/4 Garlic cloves
- 2/3 Tomatoes
- Slices of dried tortilla (you might want to use croutons instead)
- Chicken flavor (could be a bouillon)
Here is a step by step recipe for the Aztec soup:
- First cook the tomatoes, garlic cloves and 2 (of the total of 3) onions in a pan till they’re a little darker of color, for about 15 minutes. You should dry cook them without adding anything. It is ok if the tomatoes look a little burned.
- Peel of the skin of the tomatoes and maybe the outer layers of the garlic and onions. Throw them in the blender and make a nice salsa texture.
- In a different pan prepare some chicken flavor by boiling chicken or a bouillon. After a little boil, throw the liquid in the blender with the blended salsa mix inside it.
- On a different pan prepare dried (pasilla) peppers (just cook them on a pan for a couple of minutes), then throw these in the mix as well.
- After a good blend put everything back into a soup pan and heat the mixture. Now your soup is almost ready.
- Cut the third (raw) onion very finely and put a little of it on your (soup) plate, add the slices of dried tortilla (or croutons), then add a few spoons of cream on it and top it off with adding the soup on these ingredients.
- If you like, you can even add some small pieces of avocado in it (we didn’t).
Enjoy your meal!